Tuesday, September 8, 2009

UbD and DI Chapter 2

The key idea to take out of this chapter is that the student needs to remain to focal point of teaching. We as teachers need to remember that the best assessment of our instructional techniques is how successful our students are. The lessons of this chapter will remind me that I need to be open to changing assignments and curriculum. Flexibility is important. We need to keep in mind that the responsibility of a teacher is to provide links between students and our subjects, it does not work to force feed curriculum down a student’s throat. Something I have been worried about when talking about differentiation is the feasibility of creating individual plans for every student. This chapter taught me that differentiation is not the same as individualization; we need to find instruction patterns that fit many student needs. While I am designing a curriculum I need to keep in mind that it is gong to be taught to actual human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment