Monday, September 21, 2009
UbD and DI Chapter 6
"The focus of this chapter is instructional decision making in a classroom built on the principles of backward design and differentiation." In order to be an effective teacher we need to be flexible, allow for changes in curriculum based on the needs of students. We also need to learn how to cluster students based on their abilities, both by levels and learning styles. Students need to be able to learn the basics of our content and be able to apply it before they are forced to move onto more challenging situations. Personally, the most important part that I took out of this chapter is how we need to be able to adapt to different situations. The final section explains how it is difficult for teachers to break old habits. This made me thankful that I am able to learn these methods now, when I do not have many preconceptions about how I should teach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment